ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

getting that new car shine back...

Need some advice from the detailing brains on here...
I always look after my car and have hundreds of products to clean it with and it always looks good, but now i want to take it a step further and get it back to the showroom condition.
My paintwork is in lovely condition, very smooth and has a good shine etc.
I do all the usual stuff, 2 bucket method with AG, clay, SRP, EGP etc.
Going to get a Meguires Machine polisher soon, so i would like to know what is best to use with these to get a good shine...
-Is it necessary to buy a 3 stage selection from sonus for example or;
-Can i use the machine polisher with SRP, then EGP it and apply a wax of somekind such as DoDo Juice....?
any info appreciated...

106 GTi
You will need something more than SRP to get the most out of the machine polisher - I would look into the Menzerna Polish range.

Worth doing a search on here there are loads of machine polishing /polish threads.

Not real benefit to using the machine to apply EGP or Wax IMO, both with take longer with it than by hand.

Is there any need to have a three stage process to go with the machine polisher? or;
Will a stronger polish do?
And after machine polishing; will EGP and wax be the correct steps?
Cheers Rich

Ph1 172 + Combo van
yeh egp and wax will be the correct steps but it sounds like your car would be good already with the steps you explained.
try getting a polish with more bite or even a light compound then i would follow it up with the lighter polish, then egp and wax
example could be
farecla compound g6 maybe g3 is quite harsh
ag srp
ag egp 3 coats
wax

IMG_0377.gif

IMG_0378.gif

IMG_0375.gif

thats a few pics of my car; it looks nice and clean but its just light scratches and swirls that lets it down, so wanting to get hold of a machine polisher soon...

106 GTi
Very nice - looks akin in colour to my GTi - I used Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Finish by machine to correct the paint.

I used the Intensive Polish on a Menzerna Polishing Pad and on a light cut pad where needed.

Followed up with Menzerna Final Finish on a Sonus Finishing pad.

www.richtreen.co.uk/images/106/

A well built VW
Very nice - looks akin in colour to my GTi - I used Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Finish by machine to correct the paint.

I used the Intensive Polish on a Menzerna Polishing Pad and on a light cut pad where needed.

Followed up with Menzerna Final Finish on a Sonus Finishing pad.

www.richtreen.co.uk/images/106/

Pug looks amazing wish my car was a dark colour silver just isn't the same

Another vote for Menzerna here too