ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting spark plugs changed whilst getting service?

07 MK3 Clio 1.2
Hi, I’ve got an old Renault Clio MK3 1.2 (07 plate). It’s got 66k on the clock if that matters.

I’ve had the car 5 months and I’m taking it for a full service tomorrow and was wondering how often I should get the spark plugs replaced?

I’ll need to check the service history for when they were last replaced, mind. But it’s done 6k since I’ve had it. Also, how much would you pay to get spark plugs replaced? Just asking so I don’t get ripped off!
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
  PH2 172
Hi, I’ve got an old Renault Clio MK3 1.2 (07 plate). It’s got 66k on the clock if that matters.

I’ve had the car 5 months and I’m taking it for a full service tomorrow and was wondering how often I should get the spark plugs replaced?

I’ll need to check the service history for when they were last replaced, mind. But it’s done 6k since I’ve had it. Also, how much would you pay to get spark plugs replaced? Just asking so I don’t get ripped off!
Thanks in advance :)

It`s a funny old Full service if it does not include spark plugs.

07 MK3 Clio 1.2
The NGK plugs in a 172/182 should be changed @ 72k, I`m not sure of the recommendation for the 1.2, but @ 66k I`d have them changed as they may be the originals.

I’ll check the service history (at work so currently can’t check) and mention it to the mechanic, thank you! :)

Clio mk3 1.4
I've got a 1.4 mk3 clio, i had my plugs changed at 74k miles but 66k miles isnt far off. I'd get them done.