ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting some ASTs on friday :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What settings do i want to be running them on? I've not got a clue what i'll be doing lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well they will be as they come from r8byb's car. But i feel he might have them to low for my liking.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Speak to yozza. There's a place he uses, £250 for full set-up, corner weighting etc. Cheap for what they do.

ValverInBits
when you say "What settings do i want to be running them on", have you considered which springs to run on em? iirc he's selling with 2 sets?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
£250?? Do i actually need to get all that done?

Yes he's selling them with hard and soft srpings, probs just going to use the hard ones.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
£250?? Do i actually need to get all that done?

Yes he's selling them with hard and soft srpings, probs just going to use the hard ones.
Think it's just hard springs for the rear? Could be wrong.

S4 Avant
I'd want them set up proffesionaly, lots of variable to get right, and any number of things could make the handling suffer, if not set correctly

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
A decent place will speak to you, find out how you want the car to drive, then take it from there. Riz had his H&r's done. Literally feels like a different car after the set-up, the balance, steering etc all felt different.

Last edited:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just stick them on as are and see how they feel as Rob had them on 16"s and you're on 15"s IIRC so may not be too bad for you and he had them done by Curtis at Powerstation did he not?

182 Cup
Mine's pretty low, but still perfectly fine on the roads. Set up at Powerstation, very impressed.

Picture014-1.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just stick them on as are and see how they feel as Rob had them on 16"s and you're on 15"s IIRC so may not be too bad for you and he had them done by Curtis at Powerstation did he not?

Yeah think he did so should be setupish anyhow?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They will still need tracking etc done!

tbh, you can fit them as they are and have tracking and camber done for 30 quid, you dont NEED a 250 geo setup, cheers lads.

Will the guy seemed chuffed to be having them until this thread which i've read suggesting you NEED a 250 geo setup which is BS but anyway, someone else can have a bargain.

Lionel Richie
^i wouldn't be so sure, a £30 geo setup will be adequate, however a full corner weighting, full on motorsport setup will be proper bo! speak to Barron/Bazzon/warren about them! i mean what's the point in buying good suspension and then spending £30 having them setup, seems daft!

they're good scott, just get the fronts made softer! LOL

out of the 2 sets i've driven the front is still too hard IMO, backs are nigh on perfect!

Well i was easily staying with a trophy after my geo and camber doing at powerstation and it felt awesome. corner weighting isnt really needed for a fast road car is it ? lets be honest.

It's up to him, personally some of the advice is ridiculous, i had my H&R's camber set and tracking done for 30 pounds near me and it was awesome in the wet and dry.

People seem to think its gospel to HAVE to have them setup and corner weighted for 300 quid

Lionel Richie
Well i was easily staying with a trophy after my geo and camber doing at powerstation and it felt awesome. corner weighting isnt really needed for a fast road car is it ? lets be honest.

you're missing the point, a decent driver in a stock 172 would keep with a trophy driven by mr average!

corner weighting isn't neccesary on a road car no, plus if you're a pro you'll be able to set them "near enough"

i'm trying to differentiate between having them setup by quickfit and by a pro

you had them setup by a pro!

Lionel Richie
no you don't, but it will be the ultimate (if done by someone who knows the cars)

you seem to be conveying the idea that a £30 setup is as good as a full on setup, i think everyone is getting their wires crossed! LOL

you are mearly saying a £30 setup will be fine for general use, which it will, agree?

I'm saying a £30 setup will be sufficiant and will still handle well.

a 300 pound setup will ofcourse be better. I've had both and i'm sure you have aswell.

182 Cup
All I advise is that they need setting up by someone who knows what they're doing. If my post where I quoted the £250 set up was misleading I apologise. I was just trying to say that if it was my money I'd get them set up by someone such as Mark Fish, Powerstation or similar. I'd never spend money on a corner weight set up on a road car.

TBH, just a tad annoyed as this thread has basically put the guy off thinking he needs a £300 pound setup.