ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting out of new contract with carphone warehouse

Clio III 1.2 16v 06
The Missus has just got an iPhone 4 from there after I told her she could get a 4s from tesco for cheaper and more mb of data, however they say there is no cooling off period with carphone warehouse but they have incorrectly spelt her name, could this be a way out of said contract?

Astra Twintop
Pop in and see them?

And i doubt you'll be able to get out of it on a admin error, your supposed to check all the details before you sign it anyway?

AK

M240i
No cooling off period (legally) from purchases in a shop.

Go in and speak to the manager, say she can't get signal in her house or something.

Abarth 595
Very unlikely. I work for a broadband supplier and we would certainly not cancel the contract for those reasons and I cant see a phone contract being much different.

Fiesta ST-3
When I bought my Ipad they said I had a 14 day return if my signal did not reach satisfactory expectation i.e didnt work. Worth a shot.

Abarth 595
When I bought my Ipad they said I had a 14 day return if my signal did not reach satisfactory expectation i.e didnt work. Worth a shot.

Im sure if you took it in the shop and had a decent enough signal they would tell you to do one.

306 GTI-6
I took out a phone on orange at p4u,

Got it home and data signal was non existent, turned out thy dont have 3g coverage in my area, guy in shop didn't think to tell me though.

Took it back and they cancelled the contract under the 14 day signal thing.

Just ring your network provider for the phone, amd ask them to check network coverage for your home postcode. Tell them its really slow amd ask them to annotate your account once they do the check.

Then go to carphone warehouse and ask to cancel on the basis of no/really poor data signal etc. This will probably only work if

A) carphone warehouse have a similar clause

B) you actually have really poor signal

Once its cancelled, just dont sign a new contract for a new network.

Worked for me at phones4u under a and b above

Clio III 1.2 16v 06
Just gone through the self help online, says O2 phones via carphone can be returned within 14 days, the contract doesnt mention anything about this or a cooling off period, going to go in tomorrow and see what they say, as I was walking around the store the assistant stated the contract couldn't be canceled. But surely this must be in writing regarding cooling off periods?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just gone through the self help online, says O2 phones via carphone can be returned within 14 days, the contract doesnt mention anything about this or a cooling off period, going to go in tomorrow and see what they say, as I was walking around the store the assistant stated the contract couldn't be canceled. But surely this must be in writing regarding cooling off periods?

I linked to that in my earlier post.....

Ring head office, tell them whats happened and that O2 is on the list, they will hopefully ring the branch and pre warn them that you are coming and want a refund.

Clio III 1.2 16v 06
I took the misses to carphone warehouse this morning. A lady was more than helpful to cancel for her, although the male staff member tried to say he told her yesterday she couldnt cancel, but straight after pointing to the info on the site as posted here, they continued to cancel, told her to wait for the iPhone 5 as its supposed to be due in the next few weeks?