ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting my 172 in the morning!

Clio 172 Cup
test drove a high milage but well serviced ph1 172 today on a W reg, car seems mechanically sound, drove very well, engine was very refined and tight.

bodywork is also pretty good, couple of spots where paint has come off front bumper will want to be resprayed in the future but ok for now, needs a new air vent in center console and a new inside door handle but thats about it, a few quid from the scrappys,

£1400:)

totally standard except a "pro speed" exhaust, looks standard but sounds very nice.

anyway im collecting it tomorrow and can hardly wait, it was soo much faster than i expected and i can see what all the fuss is about. ive wanted one of these since i was in year 9 of school and finally have myown 172.

it may not be the cleanest example but with a bit of tlc i think it will get there.

CANT WAIT!

Clio 172 Cup
It was last serviced in march with the mot. passed with no advisorys.
on my browse of the service history i could see the belt was done at 75k but couldnt find evidence of another cam belt change although the guy did say it was done about 2 years ago.

ill have alook when i get it tomorrow, i have money to do the timing belt etc anyway. im getting it serviced again on friday by my mechanic as i want to be sure its all ok. ill ask the mechanics advise, i think ill get the belt done even if not strictly needed as i want the peace of mind.

Clio 172 Cup
good price, hope you like it.

thanks man, i had a long test drive(about 40 mins) and really enjoyed driving the car, the performance is bloody crazy. if im honest im quite nervous of driving it home tomorrow. probably best to treat it with respect tho eh?!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I remember the first time i drove my Ph1 172 home. I previously had a 1.2 also!

You'll love it.

Was this the 130k miles car that was on PistonHeads?