ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Geometry now set-up and car weighed (182)...

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
With the RS trackdays about to kick off, I took my FF 182 in for a geometry set-up today with the Racecardoctor (http://www.racecardoctor.com/). I'd recently fitted 12mm aerospace bolts instead of the standard 14mm bolts to my upper strut bolts to give -2 degrees of camber and wanted to get the toe checked and set at 10min toe-out. The camber bolts had in fact toed the car in making it incredibly fidgety, particularly on poor road surfaces. It really was a handful. So, camber was checked and came out at -2.3 n/s/f, -2o/s/f, -1.4n/s/r, -1.6o/s/r. This was a pretty good result so we moved on to the toe and this was set at 10mins toe out front, while the rear (only adjustable with shims) is running 20mins toe in.

I also weighed the car. It's a full fat 182 and it weighed in at 1052.5kg with a full tank of fuel but the bench seats/headrests/mats/isofix and toolkit removed. It's also had a few weight savings under the bonnet and lighter Recaro Trendlines fitted. With the track wheels fitted it loses another 10kg, making it 1042kg (fuel weighs 37kg).

Roll on Brands in a few weeks time!

I tired contacting them last year but had no luck in getting my car booked in

Really need to get mine on some scales

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Think he's quite busy: got 4 jobs! Did a great job though at a good price.

As for scales: local public weighbridge? Bung the scrutineers a few quid at a race meeting?