ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Geneva from the top of the roof.

vers le haut doigt milieu
Hello, thought I would share this with you, the city bellow is Geneva where I live. I do have more photos but I have not had a chance to upload them to a decent photo sharing website and are only in crapy facebook quality but give me a bit and I will post some more. I also know allot of people on here don't like HDR for reasons I cannot understand but that doesnt bother me too much.

Oh, and sorry about the bloobs I havent had a chance to clone them out yet.

DSC_0205.png

Partner's Astra SRi
Gorgeous shot!

By the way, I always get this problem when I post pictures from Picasa.....not sure why

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Nice pic mate.

I've been having issues with picasa too.

How you finding Geneva? I've thought about moving to Switzerland when I'm older, never got round to looking at it yet though.

Thanks Lauren, cheers Vish. Believe me its the best decision in the world, if you where to move here you would not regret a thing. The money you are paid in Switzerland is not comprisable to UK wages, yes cost of living is high but you will pay for food a thousand times better then you get in the UK. The nightlife is ok, it would get a bit same-y if your young but the girls are soo much hotter and nothing beats chilling by the lake in the sun. With most city's you don't have to speak French, German or Italian as everyone is so used to dealing with their work in English they will speak English.

And Mate! there is a cable car that takes you to the point where I took this photo but I took the road and, I'm always taking the road!;)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
It sounds good mate. Is it a permanent move for you or just temporary? I wouldn't move there till I'm a bit older so not too worried about night life. Generally, it was all just so nice when I went to Zurich. A really nice change to the UK. And was impressed by the fact that so many people have guns there but gun crime is so low they don't keep stats of it.

Good road hey? What's driving like over there?

Yeah, I have no plans to come back soon. The thing with driving over here is it is illegal to own a speed camera detector, it's illegal to know where the speed cameras are and on a motorway there is a speed camera every 2km or so, there are no lines on the road, they are not painted in bright colours and will not flash if you go through them. On the motorway you have to stick to 120km pretty much all the time as unless u have full local knowledge you will get caught and even then it's not worth speeding up and slowing down as the intervals are too short. But, and a big but; get to the mountains and watch it all change, the car of choice over here is an Audi S3, young or old you buy this car just for the mountains and cruise control for the motorway. There are empty roads over here you wouldn't believe existed, perfectly smooth tarmac with no imperfections, camber that makes driving almost sexual and a view that will make you think you where asleep!