ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Genesis 5ch in an install

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Have been advised on what to install with the Alpine 7876 head that I want.

Alpine Head CDA-7876R
Genesis 5ch Amp
MB Quart PSD213 (front)
Alpine SPR-132B (rear
MB Quart PWD254 sub+box

Is the Genesis anygood?? and at £450 is that value for money over the £230 for an Alpine 5ch?

Do you think I could do better with the money as its all going to set me back £1300

Ive heard genesis is one of if not the best maker of amps and although expensive you get what you pay for i think!

Hi Chris,

As you know from my post in the topic about the 7876R a while ago I have the Genesis 5 Channel in my Megane which is soon to be transplanted into my 172 when I get it in June/July time. I would say it is a great amp for running a whole system. It has performed brilliantly over a wide range of music in the 3 years I have had it. Never had any electrical problems with it either. Looks great on show as well, with the polished brass and silver finish. It also has 2 sub outputs so you can run effectively a 6 Channel system.

The only thing I would say is that it is not the most powerful amp in the world. If you want pure loudness and heavy bass then it is probably not the one to go for, but for all round sound quality Genesis are top notch. If you want loudness then get one of their 4-Channels for the speakers and a Monoblock for the sub (but I think the Monoblock is about £1000 !!! Bit more than £450 !).

I would let you listen to mine if you are around Essex but I have just taken it out of my car as it is going into a bodyshop for a repair to the rear wing that someone crashed into.

BTW How were you thinking of installing it in the Clio as it is quite long ?

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Carl

ICE'dberg MK2 172

I havent actually seen one but I intend on building my own sub box that hopefully will fit into the left void of the boot . The spare wheel is slightly offset to the right so should still have enough room to footprint the sub box. I was thinking about a false floor, but again, the spare is a full sized alloy and it stands proud of the wheel well and above the floor, so any extra height in the floor would almost take it up to the lip of the boot. I think this is going to be a tough one!
So if anybody can give their thoughts or ideas i would be most appretiative.

I installed mine in the Megane against the rear suspension mount and I hope to do the same again in the Clio. It still leaves access to the whole boot and spare wheel. Although the hatch opening in the Clio is wider and so there is going to be some of the install showing in the boot opening rather than being hidden behind the light cluster as it is in the Megane.

If you want some pics I can send you one. Let me know your email.

Carl