ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Generic Mint project (6r GTI Polo)

182, 6r GTi
DSG mapping being finalized at AMD
1466147_10152022189938701_2066347529_n_zpsb958863d.jpg

and a couple more pics from brands hatch one being my ugly mug

1470341_10151701750706436_1002551219_n_zps718eb7cc.jpg

and just before we set of home

537350_10151701750241436_954581655_n_zpsf08d4595.jpg

Plans are now:

1. get the rear Bumper repainted
2. brake upgrade as i cooked the standard setup, not sure as to whether to get grooved discs and better pads or a 4 pot setup
3. look at a rear diffuser (similar style to 197/200)
4. front upgraded ARB
5. standard wheels painted anthracite
6. spacers to go with standard wheels

182, 6r GTi
I know I keep banging on here, but the silver Monzas look so much better than them black things.

i do think they look really smart in the pics iv posted, that's why im going to order up a set of spacers to stop them hiding in the arches so much. i just think the xxrs give the car a much more purposeful look and are aggressive looking.

182, 6r GTi
How you finding the remap ??? im thinking of getting the wifes re mapped

iirc with the standard car remapped there around 200hp which would be plenty on the road, there pretty fun cars as im sure you already know, the difference in torque is amazing, 233hp has transformed the car, holding its own against allot more powerful cars, i would highly recommend having it remapped. the dsg map to start with is a bit jerky but its getting better with time, i was told that the dsg ecu will slowly adjust and become smother which it seems to be doing.

182, 6r GTi
ok suspension gurus. what is the deal with shortened drop links? the car has been lowered 30mm over standard at the front would this mean i would need to use 30mm shorter drop links to get the arb back to its optimum working angle? i cant find much on it the main reason seems to be people wanting to go silly low.

any help apreciated

Polo + Micra
i don't know if it's the same as the 9n3 but the drop links off a mkII mondeo fit and are pretty much spot on for lowered cars think there something like 20mm shorter

Apologies for a thread resurrection, but I am contemplating purchasing a 6R Polo GTi and all was going swimmingly until recently I took part in my first track day. I did this in an MX5 and a PHS1 172, with Bilstein Coilovers. This kind of threw a spanner in the works for me, I was all set for hunting down my ideal GTi and all of a sudden a little Renault upset my train of thought. So I Google'd 6R GTI trackday and this thread came up. I was just wondering how the little Polo takes to the track? I see you mention brakes overheating, did you manage to rectify this? Any other thoughts? I wouldn't be doing loads and loads of trackdays, but I wouldn't want to book myself in for them and discover the car wasn't up to the job, so any guidance is very much appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

TDF