ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

General Detailing, Glazes Waxes Polishes HELP :s

BG Clio 182
Right haha. Really like cleaning the car and to be fair it's pretty good. Theres a few marks and the odd swirl, and i think next year i shall be investing in a DAS 6 pro or a Rupes but i dont think it's necessary yet. Now i already have the snowfoam and stuff and 2 bucket wash etc. I have also put some armor all shield wax stuff on the car and the shine and beading is good but i think could be better.

After washing, claying and all of that what is the best way BY HAND to correct a few swirls and give my car (a BG 182) a really deep depth of black glossy wet shine. I obviously need a polish, something with some fillers and a mild abrasion to remove a few light swirls and was wondering which is best for this. AF Tripple looks good but the fact that it does everything makes me wonder is it not best to buy one more focused product? I wondered whether or not SRP applied by applicator and then removed, or UDS i dunno as i have a black car, should start to maybe hide a few of the swirls? followed by maybe Poorboys Black Hole with their EX-P and some natty blue over the top? Not looking for the quickest method although i'm not opposed i just want to remove a few light swirls and get a hugely slick shine to make the car look jet black and slick.

Sort me out Cliosport! I've read a million different things and it gets HUGELY confusing, especially when companies such as Chemical Guys are so forwards in telling you that theirs is the best etc. Any advice appreciated.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I wouldn't bother trying to 'remove' swirls by hand. It's like pissing in the wind.

If I was you, buy some Poorboys black hole. It's quick and easy, hides LOTS of swirls and gives the car a very deep gloss.

For time vs money, it's a very very good product.

BG Clio 182
I wouldn't bother trying to 'remove' swirls by hand. It's like pissing in the wind.

If I was you, buy some Poorboys black hole. It's quick and easy, hides LOTS of swirls and gives the car a very deep gloss.

For time vs money, it's a very very good product.
Okay mate Thanks for that haha feel quite honoured you've replied haha always see you on here well always seem to be reading and most likely laughing at something you've written haha.

What so wash it clay it probably iron x? Then what no polish f**k the polish? And straight on with BH and then seal and wax?

Cheers mate.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lol, don't be honoured, i've just got nothing else to do at this time of night! lol

You can go as far as you want. I've seen awesome results on a mates battered polo with just a wash and then black hole, i've seen big bucks show cars having the works, including the use of black hole.

If I was you, and I do this personally, is spend the most time in prep. So get the paint as clean as you can. Iron X, tar removal and clay until the paint is completely contaminant free then see where you are. Polishing and waxing etc, anyone can do that, but getting the paint to a stage where it's as good as it can be is the hard part. And also the bit that lets people down when they rush that part and dive straight in to polishing and waxing.

Although being completely honest, i'm just a hobby detailer. One of the other more experienced goons will be able to help you more im sure.

BG Clio 182
Lol, don't be honoured, i've just got nothing else to do at this time of night! lol

You can go as far as you want. I've seen awesome results on a mates battered polo with just a wash and then black hole, i've seen big bucks show cars having the works, including the use of black hole.

If I was you, and I do this personally, is spend the most time in prep. So get the paint as clean as you can. Iron X, tar removal and clay until the paint is completely contaminant free then see where you are. Polishing and waxing etc, anyone can do that, but getting the paint to a stage where it's as good as it can be is the hard part. And also the bit that lets people down when they rush that part and dive straight in to polishing and waxing.

Although being completely honest, i'm just a hobby detailer. One of the other more experienced goons will be able to help you more im sure.
Haha thanks mate, no I appreciate it its just very confusing with all the companies claiming different 'big' things especially that little wanker from chemical guys he's so f**king enfuriating with his products and then people claiming an AF product won't go oget poorboys and all that s**t.

No im sure you know plenty hobby detailer or not! Anyways right ill order that lot tomorrow and just not even polish then if it's as good as you say hiding swirls and the like. I'll follow up with the sealant I think for peace of mind and some wax for the shine. Just dunno some people say polish some don't it's horrendously confusing, especially when you wander out of little cliosport and onto the internet :s

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What works for some doesn't work for others mate. Trial and error!

For example, JD on here is f**king useless with Hydro2 but can clean a car like no other. I however am terrible with traditional sealants and end up making the car look worse than before I started so I use Hydro2 as I find it amazingly easy to use.

When I first started out, I bought everything secondhand. So 50% tubs of products. If I got on well with them then I ordered a new one, if I struggled with it, I either sold it on or binned it. Saves wasting money. As you can probably appreciate, it's an expensive hobby!

BG Clio 182
What works for some doesn't work for others mate. Trial and error!

For example, JD on here is f**king useless with Hydro2 but can clean a car like no other. I however am terrible with traditional sealants and end up making the car look worse than before I started so I use Hydro2 as I find it amazingly easy to use.

When I first started out, I bought everything secondhand. So 50% tubs of products. If I got on well with them then I ordered a new one, if I struggled with it, I either sold it on or binned it. Saves wasting money. As you can probably appreciate, it's an expensive hobby!
Makes a lot of sense. Yah I mean i was on clean your car today. Terruble decision really. Too much choice "/ looked at my basket containing like 150 quids worth of s**t and I tried to remove things but was like well this product needs that to work and this and the other and before I Knew it had justified spending it and then thought no f**k that it's too much so trying to come on here to try bring me back to the essentials so ill just f**k the polish off cheers for that :) makes a lot of sense I guess I'll be scouring the for sales :p