ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GEN90 Ecu connection problems

Clio 172
Seem to be having trouble with the gen90 ecu, I have just installed the ktec itb kit and ecu, but I can't seem to connect my laptop to the ecu? I have a battery charger connected to the battery (Halfords special) and it still won't do it, just wondered if anybody had the same issue before? I thought I would ask on here first before I ring ktec in case it was something simple to fix

TiA

Clio 172
Hi Mark thanks for your reply, yes I do, the cable to connect the ecu to the laptop, and obviously the gen tuner pro software as well... everything works until I launch gen tuner pro, turn my ignition on and try to connect to the ecu, and it just says error in the bottom right corner

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Y
Hi Mark thanks for your reply, yes I do, the cable to connect the ecu to the laptop, and obviously the gen tuner pro software as well... everything works until I launch gen tuner pro, turn my ignition on and try to connect to the ecu, and it just says error in the bottom right corner
You need the usb plugged into to laptop too, as well as the cable that runs to the ecu. As you see the usb dongle has a code that unlocks the software in order for it to connect to the ecu and Authenticate itself.