ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Geeky iphone 4 question

RenaultSport 172
Not sure if this is a dumb question or not.
Im going to get a new phone and was thinking of keeping my iphone 4 for filming track days with the harrys lap timer app. The question is, will it still work without a SIM card?
It needs to use gps data

Clio 172
I think it will still work. The iPhone uses a-gps, Assistant Global Positioning System. So with no sim or signal, wifi or 3/4g the phone can still workout where you are but maps and stuff won't load. You will just be a flashing blue dot on a blank screen. You need internet connection to get the maps downloaded.

Example is MapMyWalk and Nike+ when I'm out walking or running in the woods the signal is no existent but it still measured my time and distance and worked out where I was, recording all the data I needed! :)

Jack

LY 200 & 265 Trophy
Yes mate I use an iPhone 4S with HLT as a multicam

You can use it as the master device as well but obviously you can't use it for services such as online and your times obviously won't be submitted live but after the even when you are back on line with it.

I take a SIM card removal tool just incase.