ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearstick jerking?

Hi guys when i let off the accelerator my gear stick jerks forwards and backwards? A friend said it could be I need a poly stabalizer thing to make it steady again?. It ISNT a problem, just something that ever since i have had the car (6 months) has ticked me off every now and then?

Advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay

Bendunn

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy #24 NimbusR27
More than likely your lower dogbox mount, uprate it to a Powerflex one and most of the movement will go

330i. E30 Touring.
As above.

Dogbone mount.

All the time it's not jumping out of gear, it's not really an issue though.

Cheers fella's thats ruled it down, any reccomendations on where to get the part from? Whats the fitting like? On a scale of 1-10 ?

Much appriciated
Jay

Hi guys, its not so much jerking , I may of over exederated. Its a slight wobble ( If i rest my hand on top while going through a gear and then let off i can feel the stick not jolt but move forward?).

Had a quick look under the gear stick cover... and it looks like there is two little bush's? Cousin said they're called stabilizer bars?

330i. E30 Touring.
Nah, it's the dogbone mount.

Ignore it, it's not a problem.

All cars do it to some degree- it's the engine rocking on it's mounts as you come on and off the power.

Nah, it's the dogbone mount.

Ignore it, it's not a problem.

All cars do it to some degree- it's the engine rocking on it's mounts as you come on and off the power.

is it worth getting the powerflex ones budgie?

Cheers mate

derv biege barge
I polybushed mine, some say extra vibration is awful. Hardly notice it on mine to be honest. What you will notice is your engine doesnt jump around the engine bay anymore. Greatly improves the feel of gear change and throttle response is instant.

Well worth the money in my opinion, just make sure you Install it the right way up..