ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearbox's

my 172 had a speedo driven gear box in with a circlip holding the diff in but the clip popped out, so I fitted a non speedo drive gearbox with a bolt in diff but my speedo doesn't work. I have rang Renault to try and get then to activate it on clip to send the speed from the abs sensor but they cant fit me in for 3 weeks. I have tried using a satnav and other gps speedos but there to slow cant keep up. what else can I do apart from sell the f**king car??

In the process of doing this as I cannot find a JC5-129 box so I'm fitting a JC5-130 with no speedo drive.
How much does it cost to have it plugged in and changed over?
Cory.

In the process of doing this as I cannot find a JC5-129 box so I'm fitting a JC5-130 with no speedo drive.
How much does it cost to have it plugged in and changed over?
Cory.
Renault said they would charge me £80
Put the correct gearbox in it. It's hot and miss if you have the correct abs module in it to supply vehicle speed to the clockset.
but the circlip will just keeps popping out if I put same gearbox back in