ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearboxes

Ph2 172
Got a 16v clio n the gearbox sounds like its about to sh!t itself, is there a particular gearbox needed, ie one from a 16v, or do any other ones fit?

Ph2 172
wuda been givin it a go with the old man. how come? theres a reconed one on ebay for £295 buy it now
do no littler ones fit like the 1.2 or 1.6 if there is such?

S2000
1.2 and 1.4 boxes will fit as well. 172 cup boxes will also fit but you would need a 172 mount and it needs to be modified slightly but I'm not sure exactly how.

Ph2 172
yeah sure is, its 95 or 96, N reg

what kinda age could you go upto? like thers a `99 1.2 clio box with low miles or would it have to be the same phase?

S2000
For the 1.2/1.4 boxes I was talking about I only know up till 1995/1996 that they will fit. Theres probably a chance a 99 box would fit but the engine mount would be different (similar to 172 I would imagine but not really sure) and not worth the hassle really.