ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox whine in 5th gear x reg 172

I'm guessing the box is about to retire in the next few miles so need to start looking at options really

How do I tell what gearbox i need for it and can I get a longer ratio box and if so what car will it come out from as all I do these days is 40 miles on the motorway each way so 5th being longer is a must to say the least lol

Must say though I have owned the car for a year now and the only big issue with it apart from frontt wheel bearing so very impressed with the old car !

Jc5130 is from memory the box you have but you could use any JC3/5 box realy some people use diesel in turboed cars. the dci boxes in the 80's have the same strenght nas the 172 ones but do (on 195/50/15) 3k for 80mph.On normal 172 wheels would be a little higher speed for the same revs