ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox to chassis Earth strap - part number?

Hi, can anyone tell me if they know of a part number for ordering a new earth strap for my 182, the one from the gearbox to the chassis? Phoned Renault Wolverhampton today but the guy wasn't able to find anything on the system when I told him what I was after. Or does anyone know the dimensions of the strap to purchase it elsewhere? Cheers

I'm sure halfords do a similar type. It's narrower from memory but should still do the job. They may list it on their website with a photograph

I'm sure halfords do a similar type. It's narrower from memory but should still do the job. They may list it on their website with a photograph

Will have a look on there, cheers. You don't happen to know the dimensions of the 182 one do you? Not sure how they work out sizes for a strap, I know cables are measured in mm2.

I may have one somewhere which I can measure.

If it was me, I'd just buy one of the ~25mm2 black cables they sell with ring terminals each end and bung that on.

Cayman S, RB 182
I bought a 22 cm braided one, drilled one end out to 10.5mm. Hopefully I'll see if it fits tonight and I'll update. I'm sure it was a fiver