ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox speedo cog

clio 172
Im having issues with my speedo, and ive found that looking into the top of my gearbox though the speedo sensor hole the worm drive bit is missing!!!!!:mad: does anyone have any exploded pics of a gearbox so i can see the bit thats missing and also has anyone ever had to buy if so where from as renault are useless!!:mad: and can it be fitted with the gearbox in situ?;)

any help on this would be great as i really dont want to have to strip my box if i can insert the item though the hole!!!

clio rs 2000
if you have jc5089 gearbox i have lots or photos
but which part do you want
if your speedo doesnt working it can be 2 reasons
one of them is your speedo sensor gone
2. one is the speedo ring has gone in the gearbox which is at the top of the differantial

172 cup & 182
Sounds like the drive wheel for the speedo has fallen into the diff housing .

I am afraid it's a gearbox strip to fix . As the small drive wheel must go in place before the diff goes in.

Attachments

• Quaife Diff 020.JPG
    Quaife Diff 020.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 78
  clio rs 2000
yes you are right activ
you have to take off the diff
image146e.jpg

and here you can see the speedo hole at the left top of the photo next tothe yellow synchromesh

image130u.jpg

clio 172
cheers for the pics it helps me understand whats what, so does the speedo sensor mate with the white/yellow cox in the box?

172 cup & 182
And you will have to get the bits from Renault.

Ren pt No. Speedo Drive, 7700731488
Pinion Speedo, 7700722303
Shaft Speedo, 7700722304.

clio 172
hi, i brought the bits activ recommended, but since i found the the big cog is still on the diff just the smaller take of cog and the shaft have dissappeared!!! does that mean i still have to strip the box? as i was goin to take my box out today if the rain ever clears up