ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox Removal

182 Sport 2.0I
Ive been looking everywhere and i cant find a simple removal guide for the gearbox, i need to know:

Can the engine remain in the car when removing the gearbox
Is it best to take out from top or bottom?

Any advice is helpful please.

182 Sport 2.0I
No one? I have spent hours researching and no one seems to have a guide saying how to do it without removing the engine...

Looks like the Engine is coming out.

Megane dci 130
Easy when you know how.
Here is a quick step by step of how I do them.

From under the bonnett -
Remove the airbox, crank sensor, battery.

From underneath -
Remove undertray, both front wheels, archliners, drain box oil, remove gearlinkage, ball joints, steering rack from subframe, steering coupling, support steering rack with bungees, remove nut from front engine mount, support the radiator, then remove the subframe.

Remove starter from gearbox, cable and braket, earthstraps, pull drive shafts from box but leave them in the hubs. Support engine and remove 3 16mm bolts on top of the gearbox. Lower gearbox and engine. Remove all bell housing to engine bolts and wiggle box free.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
You don't need to take the engine out mate.

Some people say you can remove it by lowering the passenger side of the sub frame, I normally just take the sub frame off.

182 Sport 2.0I
Thank you i have found the guide aswell.

How heavy is the GEarbox in terms of KG? And how hjeavy is the Engine in KG?