ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox rebuild.......costs and parts

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
hi guys ....my gearbox become really bad in this last months ....
the 3th 4th and 5th....sincro are all broken........

now is should rebuild it but I'd like to ask you which parts could be broken apart from all the sincros.....

the complete bearing kit how much costs ? could be problems also with the gears ?

links are appreciated......here in italy few people is able to do a good job with rs clios...so I prefer to buy the sincros and bearings from uk spending certainly less that in renault

clio sport ph 1
I had the same problem ... I slammed a 1.4 16v gearbox against it. It works fine and they are cheap , but I don't now or it wil last long.........? Driving it 2weeks

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
I up the 3ad........time ago i read about a site that sells the bearing kit for the gearbox ..........but don't remember it ..........
do you know it ?

172/1.2/E30
I paid about 300 quid for new syncros, bearings, resealing and some other bits including labour @ Agency Transmission. They should be able to sort you out regarding rebuilding kits or you ask your local Renault dealer?

Megane RS 250
Hatyy me l'ero persa questa! (I missed that!)

I don't really know a good rebuilder here in Italy but I'll see around. I'll need it too someday, 2nd and 5th gear syncro are not in good shape.

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
ciao gardus..

fred....can I ask you if it's need of special extractors for the bearings/syncros ?

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
thanks ...............

i'm pissed off because i didn't saved that paged that sells the bearings for the gearbox ............

@mr.pink: yes no problem with shippings............

I'm searching a lot for reinforced syncros but can't find anything ...........