ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearbox problems

Clio 172 Flame Red
hi after inspection of a potentialy nackered gearbox i found that the circlip is still in tact does this mean that the gearbox may be fine ?

also i found that the drivers side shaft, the inner boot has split and chucking out grease,
can this cause the same problem as the circlip . i.e. no drive but speedo and rev gauge go up as if you were driving it ?

the gearbox will be getting rebuilt anyway to be sure .

thanks

any help aprreciated

172/1.2/E30
when the driveshaft is broken you won´t get the car to drive. diff should be spinning, otherwise you will not get a speedo signal.

Clio 172 Flame Red
Ah right so it's more than likely it's just the boot that has come off and it is the gearbox or diff that is ruined ?

Check the spline on the inside of the drivers side driveshaft, where it slots over the gearbox. Seen a few rip the splines off and the car wont drive. Speedo would go up with this problem too..