ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox oil leak/oil spray everywhere

RB Clio 182
Hi, Friday I went for a blast in the Clio and yesterday morning I noticed a couple of oil patches in the garage just behind the front bumper on the passenger side, I looked under the car and there was oil spray everywhere. All over the subframe, inside the nearside alloy, allover the gearbox and on my intercooler pipes on the n/s, I even noticed it under the bonnet on the battery etc, so basically all on the passenger side.

So yesterday I cleaned all under the car and removed the s**t guard, removing all the oil from everywhere so I can see where its leaking from, I have also topped the gearbox oil back up to full to make sure it had some in.

So yesterday after I had cleaned the car up and topped the gbox oil up I took it for another drive to see if I could get it to leak again so I could see where it was coming from, but there was nothing, not one bit.

Today checked on it again, no drops under the car over night, so i took it for a hard bast today and theres still no signs of anymore leaks, and again this evening, not a drop.

It was deffo gbox oil, ive checked engine oil and that hasn't moved a bit.

Any ideas what's happened? I was thinking it might have been the ns driveshaft seal because it sprayed all under the n/s of the car, there was loads tbh.

Cheers for any help.