ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox mount

BMW E30 325iiiiii
im needing a new one as its starting to squeak...what should I be wary off when changing them, is it as easy as unbolt old, rebolt new or is it a bit more complex?

any info would be great, thankin you.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Support the engine on a jack, then the new bushes need to be pressed into the mount IIRC mate

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Just unbolt it from underneath the gearbox and the other end on the subframe, then pop in some polyflex bushes ones,

Clio 172 ph2
I'll be doing this soon when my parts arrive from KAM. So its best to jack under the engine? I have access to an inspection pit which helped me diagnose my knocking noise (manifold on subframe) but it would be alot easier if i didn't jack engine!

Might take some pics for mini guide if i get round to it!

"Navy" N17 TWO
My powerflex bushes came today :D

Bloody mechanic-mate is away to the other side of the universe so I've no lift :rolleyes:

ph1 172
No need to support the engine with a jack. Easy to press old bushes out with a bench vice or g clamp with a selection of sockets or steel tube.

Poly bushes go in easy enough by hand.

Clio 172 ph2
Cheers for the tips, mine is going back for warranty work (engine lights now on and poor running!) so seeing if i can get the garage to do it as well as this