ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox linkage adjustment following clutch change

Clio
Hi

My Clio 182 has recently had the clutch changed and since getting the car back I have found that the gear lever is no longer central. The gear lever centres to the right and gears are over to the right with narrower gate distances between third and fifth.

How do I adjust this at the gearbox to correct it?

Thanks,

monaco 172
Remove lower engine cover and half way down the selector shaft there's a pinch bolt which clamps the 2 lengths of selector rod together. Loosen that and adjust till your happy with it

Clio
Hipwell

Thanks for your help. I will take a look at that. Hopefully the marks are still visible from the original setting.

Clio
I found the cause was the rod had not been aligned correctly which is why the gate had moved to the driver's side. Undid the bolt, twisted the rod and did it up again and all is good.

Thanks for the help!