ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox issue

Clio 172
I have a problem with my Renault Megane; it seems to pop out of second gear occasionally. There is a lot of play in 4th & reverse as well. Am I looking at a new gearbox or just adjusting the shifter linkage?

Cheers! :D

RS Clio 172 Cup
Lol.

Its under warranty, Advice or not, its gonna get fixed for free.

Yes but sometimes its nice to know what the problem before hand so you dont get told S**T like you do when you take your car back for warrenty as, they usually try and fob you off, saying its not there problem.

My mate has had this before, and the garage just keep telling him crap, so in the end took it elsewhere.

Clio 172
Yes but sometimes its nice to know what the problem before hand so you dont get told S**T like you do when you take your car back for warrenty as, they usually try and fob you off, saying its not there problem.

My mate has had this before, and the garage just keep telling him crap, so in the end took it elsewhere.

Exactly! And us ladies especially tend to get ripped of by garages! Lol

Clio 172
haha, true though ;)

Hope you get it fixed soon, let us know how you get on.

Apparently the cable has stretched & they cannot get the replacement until Monday... they are going to 'try' and find me a small car to run around in until then (begrudgingly) & even suggested I drive the Megane as it is until then (bear in mind I cannot hardly get it in 2nd or reverse!)What a joke! :mad: This is the second thing to go wrong with the car since I got it on Saturday, not happy!! :(