ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox help required

Gents,

The gearbox on my 182 started to show signs of 3rd gear synchro wear. I got hold of a knackered 182 box that a local transmission company rebuilt for me. All synchros were replaced in the knackered box a long with 5th gear. When I went to collect it, I was told that they had dropped it cracking the casing so they needed to fit a new case. Last night we fitted it. The casing was clearly from a different model but it did all fit and bolt up correctly. Tested on the ramp and everything was fine. When we went to road test going from 2nd to 3rd we couldn't get a gear and then the box developed a terrible whine and we had to limp it home

My questions:

1. Could the different case fitted cause any issues?
2. From my description could anybody suggest what might be the issue with the box?

Not looking forward to taking it all out again!

Matt

Mec 350 slk manual
Gents,

The gearbox on my 182 started to show signs of 3rd gear synchro wear. I got hold of a knackered 182 box that a local transmission company rebuilt for me. All synchros were replaced in the knackered box a long with 5th gear. When I went to collect it, I was told that they had dropped it cracking the casing so they needed to fit a new case. Last night we fitted it. The casing was clearly from a different model but it did all fit and bolt up correctly. Tested on the ramp and everything was fine. When we went to road test going from 2nd to 3rd we couldn't get a gear and then the box developed a terrible whine and we had to limp it home

My questions:

1. Could the different case fitted cause any issues?
2. From my description could anybody suggest what might be the issue with the box?

Not looking forward to taking it all out again!

Matt
Take the box out and return it to who you got to rebuild it and tell them to fix it or refund you .