ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox help!! Please!!

RB 182FF
I've been driving my clio to work for the last week fine, and have been on a few spirited drives this weekend all fine! I just went to the fuel station to get some fuel, was leaving to go home and whilst changing from 3rd to 4th the gearbox was stuck! Would not move, so I pulled over, stopped the car and tried to free the gearstick but it was stuck and would not move. With the clutch in I started the car and tried to pull away in 3rd then as soon as I managed to the gearbox became free again and I had all gears, I managed to drive it home and to get it on the axle stands. With the engine off I had a mate in the car and myself under the car I see if anything in the linkage was getting stuck, he was going through all the gears, then went back to neutral and was stuck again, wouldn't move at all! Started the car and slowly let the clutch up and now neutral has become reverse and I cannot move the gearstick in to any other gear at all.

Any ideas at all?

Cheers
Trev