ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox Grind

Renault Clio 1.2
Need a bit of help, I've recently purchased a megane scenic 1.6 sport alize, and yesterday morning I went out and hear this grinding (sounded like metal dragging). My first thought was clutch as noise went when clutch was engaged and came back whenn clutch was disengaged. The car started doing it as soon as it is started so I took it to Mr clutch who said it was my gearbox gone, does this sound right. I've only had the car 6 days!!

Many Thanks

Renault Clio 1.2
It was a part ex to clear from a dealer who was selling it on eBay,. Went and viewed it everything seemed fine. Seems funny that 6 days later the gearbox goes.

Listerine & Poledo
Probably spent its former life having its gears ground flat every single school-run day.
Did you even test drive the thing?

Renault Clio 1.2
Yes we took it on a test drive, everything seemed fine on the drive, it's just annoying that it's happened only after 6 days

I've rang around a few places and explained what's going on and they've come at me with the same answer.