ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox/Clutch/Slave issue.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
This happened a few months ago and the car has been sat since..

Gave it a bit of welly against a friend and all of a sudden the car lost any drive.

The car won't go in to gear unless the clutch is down but once in gear and the clutch is lifted, the car won't move an inch.

Is this guaranteed to be the clutch? Or could just the slave be doing this? I'm assuming the slave couldn't cause these symptoms.. but I could be wrong?

I'm going to attempt to sort all this myself as I've ploughed too much in to a car worth nothing already, any guides for gearbox out/clutch changes? Anything to be very careful on? What should I be looking to buy?

Clutch, slave cylinder and gearbox oil, or is there anything else that may need replacing or should be replaced while the box is out to make life easier?

I may stick a refurbed box on from @NorthloopCup when he has a bit of time to sort mine out.. just because it's my luck that the gearbox will go as soon as the new clutch is in.

TIA.