ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox change

Clio 182
Right so got my new box.

17082010413.jpg

Need to ask for any hints and tips on fitting it. Is it best in the top or out the bottom?
Also is there anything to look out for?

ph1-172
^damn you serious will be getting a rebuild next month didn't know it was that much work, stupid renault!

Clio 182
There is a small guide on here on how to do it and its a bit split on out the bottom or out the top.
Am sure it can be done out the top but just need to know the best way.

Have only one day to do it and just cant f**k it up. So does anyone know any does or dont's?

Clio 182
Ye thats the guide i am talking about being split. If it can come out the top that would be great.
Can it be done?

172 Race Car
A job like that, if you dont know how to do it its best left alone IMO

Out the bottom is the best way. An awfull lot of stuff to take off tho

Clio 182
I have done the job before on other cars so should be ok.
It would just be good to know of any bits to look out for on the Clio.

330i. E30 Touring.
It’s not as difficult as people say, and I’ve done a couple.

Pretty much, lower the subframe and drop it out the bottom. It’s a pretty tight fit, though!

More hassle than it’s worth to take it out the top. ie. Engine out.

Clio 182
Ok thanks mate. Out the bottom it is then.
As i said is there anything to look out for as in leave bolt X in till last or do somthing before doing anything else?

330i. E30 Touring.
Hmm..

Not really. Just make sure the car's up as high as possible, because you need plenty of room to come out underneath.
Make sure you drain gearbox oil before you remove driveshafts (simple for some, lol)
Take the bumper off. Some say not to bother, but it only takes five minutes, and it gives you so much more room.

Can't really think of anything else.

Clio 182
Right got it in. What a t**t of a job.
Only bad bit though was when it would not start after. But sent a text to Budgie and he was able to tell me what to look at.

Wanted to try and take some pics to show how to do it but kept forgeting sorry.

Here are the ones i did take.

21082010423.jpg
21082010424.jpg
21082010426.jpg
21082010427.jpg
21082010428.jpg
21082010429.jpg
21082010430.jpg
21082010431.jpg
21082010432.jpg
21082010433.jpg