ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox Casing

Silver 182
Hi guys/girls,

My car is currently at Two-Tecs in Dartford (superb service- keeping me well updated as we go along) due to a little mishap with the gearbox.

Now the problem we have is that we are having trouble sourcing gearbox casing. where would be the best place to go, forum members ect..

I am not sure of the best course of action. all i know is that i don't really want to spend out on a new box.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

James

phase 1 flamer 172
If you are looking for a second hand g/box, always on ebay, parts for sale on here, even a wanted ad on here.

Silver 182
@105e i am not sure I want to run the risk of a second hand box unless it has just been rebuilt.

@northloopCup according to two-techs, it was the main bearing that failed? so i am guessing that is not the current bit? (I haven't got a clue when it comes to G/boxes..) Maybe i am incorrect?

Has anyone had any dealings with Agency Transmissions?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
@105e i am not sure I want to run the risk of a second hand box unless it has just been rebuilt.

@northloopCup according to two-techs, it was the main bearing that failed? so i am guessing that is not the current bit? (I haven't got a clue when it comes to G/boxes..) Maybe i am incorrect?

Has anyone had any dealings with Agency Transmissions?

Ask two-techs which section you need mate as there's 2 bearings on the mainshaft. One at each end.