ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox advice needed

BG 182
Hi guys, any recommendations on this would be greatly appreciated.

On the way home from Cornwall today I noticed my gearbox has developed a high pitched whine through the revs in 1st at medium to high load, anyway..

Im thinking of changing the clutch soon as it feels due ,at the same time im thinking of either sending off the gearbox to agency transmissions or buying a refurb if needed?

is a box that grinds from second to third occasionally, whines under medium load in 5th and whines loud in 1st on borrowed time, or could I just do the clutch, treat it to some new oil + a wish and a prayer?

Last edited:
me personally i'd send the box to agency transmissions, seems daft not to if your dropping the box out to do the clutch and you've got gearbox problems.

BG 182
Sorted,

Do they check the whole box and replace parts as necessary or do they do all the bearings ect?

330i. E30 Touring.
Let him know the symptoms to make sure, but he'll replace anything that looks/feels dodgy,

Sunflower Ph1 172
sorry for the thread hijack, I'm hoping to have my gearbox rebuilt by agency transmissions too, however I tried calling them twice today but only reached their voicemail. Just wondered if they are generally quite tough to get hold of, and how quick they are to turnaround a gearbox? I've read they can turn around a gearbox in a day on here.