ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear stick return?

clio 172 cup
What causes the gear stick to return to the central position? Are there any springs or bushes that can be replaced?

Reason I ask is for a while mine hasn't felt stiff/accurate , its very vague/sloppy.
I'm also able to select reverse without lifting the gear knob up, I just push it across from 1 st and into reverse.
Is this likely to be sorted with a new gear selector or one of those yanos kits?

dan's cast offs.
detent spring on the selector arm under the box. more likely to be wear in the white bush it sits in though.

clio 172 cup
Is the detent spring available or do I need a complete selector?
If I got a yanoo stiff shift kit would that fix the worn bush?

182 Trophy
Is wear in the white bush common? My self centre isn't as strong as I think it should be.
Anyone have a part number for the bush?

BG Clio 182
That's wear in the ball joint mate. The white ball that you can see when you lift the gear gaitor. You need to get a Yanoo stiff shift kit.

clio 172 cup
Right so I'll order a yanos kit and the bottom brass Bush.
Any ideas as to how I can sort out my reverse/first gear issue?
I don't have to lift the gear stick I just push across a bit more from 1st.

BG Clio 182
Right so I'll order a yanos kit and the bottom brass Bush.
Any ideas as to how I can sort out my reverse/first gear issue?
I don't have to lift the gear stick I just push across a bit more from 1st.
Think this could be to do with the gear linkage, I'd ask yanoo on a privage message. Reckon the kit would most likely solve this too.