ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear shift light?

PH1_172
When out in my car today I was coming down a nice b-road and the car had been driven sensibly (spl) for around 30mins so was all nice and warmed up.

I opened it up in 2nd gear and as i was hitting 7kish a little green gear stick looking light lite up on the dash instrument panel, I take it this means change gear lol, looked cool though lol is it a shift light mine is a 172 mk2 ph1

PH1_172
cli0_172 limiter didnt kick in when I saw it as i changed straight away, I spoke to my boyfriend about it so he then took it down the road and he said the light came on then about 1-2 secs latter it hit the limiter (which we both dont normally condem but was interested to see what the light was there for)
Also does the limiter get raised when the car has been chipped

That light comes on 300rpm before the red line its just a warning one.

Limiter can get raised with remaps depends where you go.

PH1_172
thanks least i kno what it is now i dont normally go that high but itwas a lovely day car had been washed lol and a ace b-road so though ill give the lil car some hehe,

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
I've got one on mine, I thought they came standard on the Ph-Quick along with the Aluminium bonnet which I also have

Chocolate Bar™
^ nope, they come on a certain few from a certain factory, i think selected RSis had em as well.

As said above you'll have an alloy bonnet as well if you have the shift light unless you've had it replaced in a bump

Mine is there just not connected.

The constant boom from the pro speed is a good enough indication to change gear lol

Abarth Grande Punto
would be nice if there was a change light on the reg counter like most sports cars not tucked away in the corner!

PH1_172
miltage2 my boyriend said he saw a 182 in blue today in braintree near notley tesco area might of been your had a cliosport sticker on

An orange one
i see the shift light regularly in my vee, and did in my old vee, and 172 cup too! once its fully warmed (say around 15 miles + ) then its doing no harm! drive them like they are made for IMHO

who cares if peak power has tailed off..changing early always feels wrong when your in the mood...lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i have one:) but tbf when ever its going to kick in means ill be mose likely be concentrating more on the road than the corner of my dash