ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear selection problems clio 1.6 GT

Clio 182
Hi guys, I'm hoping someone may be able to help. I have a 2009 1.6 gt and I'm having trouble getting the car 5th and 6th gear, over the last week it's progressively got worse. When the car is in neutral you can push the gearstick to the left no problem but seems really stiff going right as if there is something interfering with it.

To confuse things further I had a parrot hands free kit fitted last week and it started then. There does appear to be a slight plastic squeaking noise when you set of and then let off the throttle which wasn't there before. The parrot installer basically says it nothing to to with the install hower I spoke to my local garage they said there is selector cables that could be getting trapped by the additional loom wiring.

I thought I had solved the problem but after this information from the the garage I took out the glove box and the wiring seems to going upwards not to where I would expect a problem.

If anyone has any thoughts I would be extremely grateful.

Clio 182
Just an update on my situation it turns out when I altered the speed on the intermittent it mush have done something with the connections in the wiper stalk as after a bit of fiddling around its started working again?!