ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear lever is a bit of a stretch

RB 182 Cup
Does anyone else find the gear lever on the 1*2 a bit too far away to be in a perfectly comfortable position?

I have my seat quite close to the wheel and still find it's just a bit of a stretch and doesn't fall nicely to hand.

Is it possible to buy a lever with a bend in it to move it back? Just and inch would do.

And before anyone asks, I'm 6' 2" with proportionate length arms, so it's not like I'm Short Round out of Indian Jones and the Temple of Doom!

RB 182 Cup
I've searched for a lever that has a couple of bends in it to in effect move the top of the lever back a couple of inches, but can't find anything.

RB 182 Cup
Something like the below with two bends to keep the knob straight. Hopefully this would allow the use of the original gaiter and still look standard.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341188710.822144.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341188710.822144.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
  A.N. Other
Personally I do as well, there's only 1 fore/aft seat position which I find comfortable regarding steering wheel / gear-lever reach. I'm only a 5'7" short-arse though!

RS6 C7
I actually make gearstick extenders for t4 vans, I'm sure i could knock something up to fit, You would need to remove your gearknob, attach an extender using a grub screw then re-attach your gearknob to the extender.

BG182ff,explod Focus
If you can get under your can then locate the hollow shaft from the gear lever to the selector arm.
You will see it is slotted and has a clamp with a nut and bolt. Use a paint stick or Tippex to mark both the position of the end of the hollow shaft on the selector arm and the position of the slot.
You do this so you can put it back in the same position if you wish to in the future and more importantly, so you don't rotate the hollow shaft on the selector arm.
Loosen the clamp (13mm I think) and slide the hollow shaft further onto the selector arm. Remember to keep the slot lined up with your mark otherwise you may not be able to get it in certain gears.
Tighten the clamp and give it a try changing gear.
If you need it going back further you need to cut off some of the selector arm like this http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...g-the-gearstick-back-mod&highlight=gear+lever