ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GDI Engine Build For YozzaSport

MY04 Scooby STi

That looks like an amzing piece peice of enginering.

All I can say is I want my engine to be like that!!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

im in love lol!!

fred, i can host the vid! mailto:cadams@gotadsl.co.uk">cadams@gotadsl.co.uk

What u used for the heatshield? im in desperate need for one and was gonna make one myself like! ta!
p.s what power/torque is this beast running?

OK.

We are going to get it on the rollers tomorrow to give it a final map and get some rolling road figures - At the wheels with calculations to the fly.

It will be running with the full exhaust system and the airbox, so we may see a slight loss / gain in places from the map we are currently running.

/y0z

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Itll get more attention when you pair bugger off with your orange effort. ;)

Maybe you should get some headwork done.

Quote: Originally posted by rmccardal on 24 August 2005
You might even crack 220 brake with the final map.

with the final map? what do you now say about the fact that it had more than that on the initial map?

with the final map we expect a bit more.

/y0z

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

erm.... whoever is deleting posts, give it a rest.

Time will tell, but nobody will appreciate being lied to.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

who is not telling the truth here?

dont think anyone has infact said anything about any figures, either way really.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

righto....

bitching has stopped i hope....

engines been tested on the rollers today in the fashion that we test all the engines, chris at MASS racing did the testing.... 3rd party (if you will!)

232 bhp.... peak.... in real terms its more like 229 as that extra couple of bhp is likely to be a fluke...

the tire pressure were set at 28psi, which is road pressures on the 15s yozza runs.

this equates pretty much the same as the flywheel figure on the engine dyno, so the rr losses etc all work out well.

we had to change a few things very minor things in the map to adjust idle fueling with the full exhaust on etc... but all is very well..

Andy

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 25 August 2005

178 atw
Blimy that a big difference that box and wheels must realy be takiong some power up there.

I always used to use the 10hp +10% rule bu since this has been RRd and done on a dyno.

30% or so losses though if that box wasnt good to start with I wonder low long its going to survive at that power.

Interestingly using the same losses puts my Williams on 195hp which seems a bit high.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

you add 28% to the atw figure to get rough fly figure.. this has been covered soooo many times... please can we not start a rr losses thread

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 25 August 2005

you add 28% to the atw figure to get rough fly figure.. this has been covered soooo many times... please can we not start a rr losses thread
Sorry didnt mean to turn it into one of them threads I was more wondering about the gearbox is it having any extra cooling?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

not yet.... no problem edde...

would be interesting to monitor gear temps though

its running top spec silkoline gear oil

2005 Nissan Navara

sorry havnt read whole thread...can some1 summarise wot power it achieved on which dyno & r/r! cheers!!

Quote: Originally posted by stan* on 25 August 2005

sorry havnt read whole thread...can some1 summarise wot power it achieved on which dyno & r/r! cheers!!
Its all on this page

232hp on the dyno

178 at the wheels on the RR.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

232 peaked on the rr at the fly

more like 229 ish... in real terms in comparison to the others rr figures that we test.

dyno figures were very similar...