ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GDI 208bhp package, independant RR

I went to Northampton Motorsport today to get my suspension geometry checked.

Whilst I was there I thought I might as well stick it on there RR as previously the only results I have for my car were done at Mass by GDI (205bhp and 177 lb/ft).

This is for information purposes only I am not having a dig at GDI. The guy at Northampton Motorsport was quite impressed by the results on a standard inlet saying most 182s read 5-6bhp down from the quoted 179bhp on his RR.

So the first run the car made 193bhp and on the second 194bhp with 163lb/ft. The torque curve looks good quite flat between 3-5k rpm but check out the 5k kick!

I dont really feel dissapointed and to be honest I expected around 195bhp. I think this is realistic given the engine mods.

Heres the graphs.

bhp2.jpg

bhp.jpg

tiTTy & SV650
so + 5 or 6 bhp then? or did he mean the 182s generally dont make book power as opposed to his rollers reading low?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
you should try the rollers the jesus uses.. they under rate as he only has 240bhp of tbs

tiTTy & SV650
yeah in which case are you adding 5-6 bhp onto you 193 / 194? Cause my 182 made 179brake standard (but diff RR and yes all very subjective...)

BMW M3
Ive now lost faith in RRs as i had mine at 201bhp with only '1st stage' mods.

What mods have you had, as the power delivery looks very similar to mine.... once you get used to the scale

R35 GTR
Not alot of power! is it really worth the money. I have 179bhp and it wasnt cheap. But rr figures are worthless, only good for comparative testing.

tiTTy & SV650
cool sounds like ur pushing around 199brake then based on 193/194 + 5/6 and also based on 20brake more than standard.

rather simplistic point of view on my part but... lol

R35 GTR
I reckon it would cost me 1500 to get to that sort of level, cheaper if i fit most myself....is it worth it though.

tiTTy & SV650
I reckon it would cost me 1500 to get to that sort of level, cheaper if i fit most myself....is it worth it though.

NO

lol unless you can afford to throw money at the car of course. Coilovers and brakes will make more difference IMO.

R35 GTR

NO

lol unless you can afford to throw money at the car of course. Coilovers and brakes will make more difference IMO.

coilovers are the best money i have ever spent on this car. Tyres are probably next on my list of prioritys and then brakes, as the stock ones seem to be fine unless you use them too much.

Ah ok. That's what threw me :)

Fancy having it mapped on the stock ecu :)

It will be getting mapped by BenR when I have my next mods done.

To be honest I wish I hadnt gone down the OMEX route but it cost alot to get it fitted so I wont be ripping it out just yet.