ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz coilovers - any good ?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I have been told that although not the prettiest on the market they are very good when valved and matched to the right springs, they have some ex Leda employees who know a thing or two about dampers so come recommended.

Anyone have any experience with them on clio's or other cars ?

Cheers

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
surely by the time you have bought them then had them valved and new springs you could just buy something decent?

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Highly unreliable..

Had a set on my PH1 for a good 6 months. Sent them in to have them serviced before actually putting them on the car. Within that 6 months I had an oil leak, the adjusters for the rear shocks had siezed and caused some valve to malfunction, which in turn made the rear shocks into pogo sticks. Also, the piston rods which were brand new at the service, had already started corroding and pitting.
Not good.

On the other hand the customer service was brilliant! :)

mine have been perfectly fine for the ~6months i have had them on the car.... and not been serviced while i have had them, only thing i have done is free them up before fitting them but they had been sat in a friends garage for a year or two...

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Not highly thought of in the Clio community but well respected in others.

I had a set on my 182 and never had any issues.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I bought a 182 with Gaz Gold GHD or something on it, and thought they were bloody brilliant!

clio 172 phase 2
Got the gha kit on mine they are i need of service at the moment but i find them good plus you get adjustable damping . Far better ride than the cheaper coilover kits

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Been busy so done nowt with car. I most prob be keepin the Trophy and might look into driver tuition, and i might be buying a bike lol. Always wanted a Ducati so might get myself one....

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Had them on my R5 GT Turbo... good handling but if you went over a rice crispy in the road it would practically give you whiplash.

LY FF182
I had GHa's on a 2 litre Corsa B and they were perfect.... Bit crashy but I didnt mind as it was stripped out with buckets and just thought it went well. Just bought a Clio 182 FF two days ago (first clio) with GHa's fitted and have to say they are great, small levels of body roll while feeling compliant over bumps and comfortable. Don't know what spring poundage or damper settings they're at as I haven't had time to play. And the receipt for them is from 2009

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
I've had mine now for around 3-4years and although the car has been sat now for a year mine are still full functional okay abit corroded but Gaz will re zinc plate them for £50. The gha are bump/rebound adjustable so for road use a soft setting none crashy or track use hard setting. Each to there own but I think there perfect for me yet I think ast are a waste of money.