ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz Coilovers. Any Good?

Swift Sport
The question couldn't be simpler really lol Are Gaz coilovers in general any good, I mean in terms of quality?

Are they well made and good quality... y'know 'like a Golf', or more Fiat-like (or Abarth if you will) ;) *jokes*

Advice apprecited, :eek:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
No, utter tripe. We fitted some to my old Cup back in 2004 and the rear shock burst the first night they were fitted. Got that replaced......... but you could also hear them clunking (working??) over every bump in the road (proved when i removed the GAZ rear dampers and replaced them with my o.e Cup ones) They are also too harsh/hard, and will pogo you all over the place. H&R were in a different league. I'd much rather some FK konigsports or something as they are around the same budget

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had them on my valver and they were garbage. On a country lan blast, I used to skip all over the place.

I've fitted them (The ones off my valver) onto my heavy 1.9d Clio van and they're really good. Which to me, says they are way too stiff/crap at absorbing the road.

ph1 track weapon
mine work, bit skittish yep, but theyve done 2ok or so and no leaks, knocks or bangs

ITB'd MK1
KYB stuff (which that looks like) is very good indeed. Been fitting their shocks for years. Shame they dont do anything worth mentioning for clios TBH. I'd be all over it