ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaydon Emissions circuit - Black 182

Impreza Wagon
Haha, was me! The lad in the Astra was all over the shop so I backed off until I could get past safely. Your car handled really well, does the whiteline make a lot of difference?

182FF
Haha hi! Yeah you were up with me and then gone, I didn't see the astra's cornering "ability" else might have hung back with you! He had the edge on the straights but didn't have the confidence in the braking.

I thought perhaps your rainsports (or did I see wrong?) had overheated. I used to have some on mine and didn't get on with them so went to PS3s, much much much better.

Not sure about the whiteline, it certainly increases "bite" when turning but once the wheel is good and cocked I don't know if it can make any difference?

Impreza Wagon
The Astra only started to pull away at around 130 so the Clio did me proud :)

Cornering on the rainsports is like having tyres made of jelly, they over heated after the first lap but they did take some abuse last Friday at Beford.

I'm looking for new shocks and a whiteline I think, I need to see what the craze is about.

Oh also you had some black smoke coming out your exhaust coming down the long straight, I imagine it was at high revs?

182FF
Yeah the Clios certainly didn't let us down. I managed to catch a leon cupra that started at the front and pulled a massive lead just as the disco pulled in.

If you still want rainsports I've got a couple almost new in the loft you can have for a good price if you like...

Oh yeah, mine burns a little oil... was it a constant stream? How obvious was it? I've been trying to diagnose the oil consumption for a while now.

Impreza Wagon
The Rainsports have got to go, not a summer tyre at all!

It only seemed to be kicking smoke out at high revs but it was noticeable. Another lad that was out in a Focus ST also noticed and mentioned it when I came in. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about....

182FF
Hmm.... I only saw the ST for half a lap then he was long gone wasn't he! It burns around 1L every 3K miles so it's not so bad.

It might have something to do with a lack of catalytic converter... was it fully black or with the blue tinge of oil? I was starting that straight at 110mph, 5500rpm and finishing at 138mph, 6900rpm and redlining every other gear.

Alternatively my answer to the black smoke could be - because race car