ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gave the shed a bit of a clean before winter kicks in..

As above... Ill try and keep it short. Theres still things left to do, but todays effort was just purely on the paint work.

Process:
- Snowfoam
- Did a basic clean on wheels using wheel brush and Bilberry Wheel Cleaner (didnt really concentrate too much on this stage, see below)
- Wash using 2 bucket method, wash mitt, Duragloss 901 Shampoo
- Dryed off
- 1 layer of Dodo Juice Lime Prime (I forgot to take my DA to the g/fs house so had to do this by hand :( )
- 2x layers of Dodo Juice Banana Armour
- Polished exhaust tip using Autosol

Still to do:
- Polish the back box with Autosol (so that all the bits of exhaust you can see are clean and not covered in tar/crap - cba with going all out and doing the whole exhaust, no point)
- Take wheels off and clean properly, then a layer or 2 of RimWax.

Pics:
Before
DSC00495.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

Snow Foamy
DSC00500.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

After Snow Foam
DSC00502.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

Into the Garage it went...
DSC00507.jpg

A few reflection shots now:
DSC00512.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

I love the reflection on this one:
DSC00523.jpg

Also gave my old Clio a quick clean, as it was looking sorry for itself as its new owner (the g/f) neglects it :( Pics before (havent got any of after as didnt make loads of difference lol)
DSC00524.jpg

DSC00526.jpg

One thing im starting to hate about this "detailing" malarky is you know exactly where all your cars defects are... Everytime I look at a certain panel, I now home in on those defects :S

Nissan 350z
Harpham post a picture of your dashboards "shed trophy" to satisfy daveski :p

Love the reflection shots, bet your GFs garage is handy for your increasing detailing OCD lol

Thread title is misleading, thats no shed

Harpham post a picture of your dashboards "shed trophy" to satisfy daveski :p

Love the reflection shots, bet your GFs garage is handy for your increasing detailing OCD lol

Looks can be deceiving, Dave lol...

Pic of it a few weeks back:
DSC00358.jpg

All because my indicators wouldnt turn off and the satnav screen decided that it didnt want to turn on anymore.
Im now left with either a £1134 bill from Renault or this:
DSC00471.jpg

Thought id add a "comedy" sticker ;) Although, I may have a possible "cheap" solution to get a working screen again...

And yes James, its very handy, although not good for my ever-growing OCD... Ill be wrapping this car up in bubble wrap soon, with how much time I put into cleaning it haha.

Did you every get hold of my mate at www.diamondmotors.co.uk? I bet he can help although he is on holiday till Tues / Weds of next week

Yea I gave him a call and spoke to him about the hazard issue.
In the end it did turn out to be the UCH that was the problem, so I had to bend over and take it to Renault anyway :(

Satnav Screen wise, didnt bother asking about that as my bro is an electrician so if its fixable, he can do it for free/a pint or 2 ;)
But he recons that a relay or something has blown on the inside of the screen, so if he cant fix it, then im going to try something else.

Looks good buddy. Always thought to myself that if/when I buy a Clio for ... no reason really, I'd buy a Flamer. Love the colour.