ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gauge mounting - examples?

Wanting to fit a couple of gauges to my car with a ph2 dash, just wondering if anyone can show me examples of where they mounted gauges?

Want them to be pretty low key/discreet and unsure where to put them!

Cheers

Listerine & Poledo
A-pillar pods are quite popular, and can be trimmed to look as OEM as possible.
Certainly going to look less in-your-face than a bunch of pods nailed to the dash.

That said! the little cubby on the dashtop could be a good place to build a gauge-pod?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
31513_10150193345520077_3537279_n.jpg

I couldn't do the a-pillar they would annoy me!

As for where the clocks are that's a good shout! & with 2 gauges would work fine I reckon! The outside temperature reads wrong anyway & the clocks not needed that much, as I don't do many miles

Was thinking about moving my hazard switch & mounting them down there somewhere, but don't think they'll be easy to see

IMG_4736.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
Putting the gauges by the 12v?
madness ;)

I was thinking more the little basin on top of the dash, instead of removing the display. But How much faff any of these options will be defeats me.

Good luck though, be interesting to see what you come up with

Putting the gauges by the 12v?
madness :wink:

I was thinking more the little basin on top of the dash, instead of removing the display. But How much faff any of these options will be defeats me.

Good luck though, be interesting to see what you come up with

Oh I'm with you now! Like a pod on top. the dash comes apart easy being ph2 dash in a ph1 so it's just making something out of abit of metal that's not an eye sore lol, ill more than likely put them where the clock is though!

Listerine & Poledo
yeah, sorry, didn't explain it very well.
Horses for courses chap, a dash-top gauge may be a bit far away to be legible (depending on the size of the gauge and your eyesight of course).
BUt it will be closer to line-of-sight when driving, in case one starts flashing wildly about your manifold pressures ;)

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I couldn't do the a-pillar they would annoy me!

As for where the clocks are that's a good shout! & with 2 gauges would work fine I reckon! The outside temperature reads wrong anyway & the clocks not needed that much, as I don't do many miles

3 in the clock hole was a tight squeeze, I actually dented the bezel on the outer 2 putting the dash top back on. (ironically, the middle 1 is a f**king clock aswell!)
2 in there will fit no problem at all, I've seen a few like that

Aside the pickup for the oil pressure, they're all wired to the clock plug anyways for permanent live (clock) and ignition live (volt meter and back lighting)

Listerine & Poledo
That's quite nice. What are the readings for? Volts and oil?

Bit extreme for a road car, but certainly 40,000% less chav than an A-pillar mount! :)

172 Cup
Yup interested in how the 2 gauges fit in the clock/temp/radio display.

Prior to this I was going to dump the CD/radio and put a 3 gauge adaptor in there.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
take the display out, dremel the centre out, fibreglass a back sheet in and mount.

take the display out, dremel the centre out, fibreglass a back sheet in and mount.

Basically but I used a piece of ali instead then wrapped it black. In reality it doesnt look very good at all, but I only ever drive it in the dark at the moment so it doesnt phase me to much yet lol

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
lol, tbh, I feel the same with mine.

I want to set them back a little further under the sunshield, but I cba, so I live with it

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I had exactly the same problem mate. There is hardly anywhere which doesn't look silly. I ended up doing this.

E938405F-694F-4219-AA6B-6DBBD6253F99_zpscjbnfxak.jpg
FBD67BCE-1812-4193-9F2B-B591F80F484A_zpsf1udkc7y.jpg