ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gatso cameras - how do they work

Black 182 + Recaros

Can someone please confirm, do the Gatso cameras only take pictures after you have passed them, taking a picture of the rear of the car.

The reason for asking, I was approaching one of these (it was facing towards me on the other side of the road), and the camera flashed.

I was going over 30 (about 40).

I found this info-

"To make best use of available cameras, Gatsometer supplies dummy radars and cameras that flash and register speeds for statistical purposes, but take no actual pictures."

Could these be used for approaching and passing vehicles ?

Oh, it was one of these things-
http://www.radardetectors.co.uk/gatso_speed_camera.jpg

[Edited by MattyMarsh on 10 July 2005 at 6:17pm]

[Edited by MattyMarsh on 10 July 2005 at 6:18pm]

500bhp Scoob

it wouldnt have taken a photo of you going towards it, as the flash can startle you and could cause an accident...

only usually happens when a gatso is out of film

Black 182 + Recaros

I should have done a search first, as another thread confirms this also.

Fingers crossed then.

Thanks.

it has to flash twice to register you as speeding.

There is 0,5 sec between each flash, and the number of lines you pass in that 0.5 secs tells them how fast you were going.

Black 182 + Recaros

Cheers, but they can only get you from behind cant they ? Not approaching them.

Im sure there were 2 flashes.

[Edited by MattyMarsh on 10 July 2005 at 6:30pm]

no idea if they can get you from the front, ive never heard of it personally.

i think they can just be triggered if your travelling in the opposire direction they are facing....were they lines on both sides of the road?