ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Garages Willing to Help - Scarborough Area

RB 182
Just thought I'd stick a quick thread up, as I'm not sure if there's anyone on the forum who could perform some work on my car (or could suggest someone who can).

All I need doing is -

Rear shocks fitting
Passenger side CV Boot fitting
Rear passenger Brake re-greasing.

so far I've been told 5 hours for the above, and after speaking to Adam at Renault in Birmingham.. I've been told to stick it up on here because its definitely not that big of a job.

Tunst mentioned he'd do it (excluding the CV Boot) for about £40.. But he's 3 hours away. So I'm looking for as cheap as possible really as money is pretty tight after Xmas :dead:

i'm not stupid and naive so I don't expect it to be £40, ha. But somewhere cheaper than 5 hours labour would be fine for me.

Also if garages could post up how much they'd normally charge (even if they're not close to Scarborough), that'd be great - I'd get an estimate/average how much I should be paying!

Any help or advice is appreciated,

Siddle

Flol at 5 hours!! takes about 10 mins to change shocks, maybe an hour for the cv boot and 30 mins dependant on how badly seized the rear caliper is. Although it may need replacing but still doesn't take that long.

Sorry i don't know anywhere near scarborough.

clio 182
been up there all day today aswell mate could of done it for you.try doing the shockers yourself as its pretty easy and have ago at your back breaks,should reduce your garage time down

if you were closer to me id do it , imo id charge around 2 and a half hours, depends if you need a new CV boot or refitting of the boot already on ! and i charge £35 an hour ! so worse case , £75-80 including the cv boot done
45mins-1 hour do shockers
1 hour do cv boot
30mins-45mins do strip and clean

But obviously a garage will want more ! 5 hours is ludicrous !!!

RB 182
That's what I thought boys!

I've got all the parts, just need someone to do them for me!

I daren't do anything myself, I'd almost definitely fcuk it up.

if i was closer i would have done it for you..

Beasley182 how does it take you nearly 1 hour to change rear shocks??:eek:

clio 182
takes me 1.45 mins to get to scarborough from here.if you cover my petrol mate i could come up on weekend and do it for you

RB 182
takes me 1.45 mins to get to scarborough from here.if you cover my petrol mate i could come up on weekend and do it for you

You sure mate? That'd be spot on!

Drop me a PM and ill send you my number mate. Really appreciate your help like!