ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Garage say anti roll bar broken??

Focus RS + S3
Im a bit lost on this one, my brother took his 182 for tracking to ATS yesterday (limited for garages here)

Put his car on the ramp and called him into the workshop, guy there said he cant touch the tracking as there was something wrong with the anti roll bar.

Now my brother doesnt know anything about mechanics etc so he didnt understand what the guy said, he said something about it being bent and it probably it had hit something in its previous life,

So he took it off the ramp and told my brother to go back,

I told him if have a look, ive got some pics

Any ideas as it looks pretty fine to me? And i wouldnt have thought the ARB would effect tracking?

0F76D60D-83A2-48E0-A8E6-60501111FE57.jpg

7FFA2FD4-BFC4-424B-94CF-2B76068E1484.jpg

8C509E6D-0559-408A-ACDF-C6718D918331.jpg

7E7055C4-FB0B-4DC7-B4DD-C35C7D0434C0.jpg

clio v6
There just lazy bast..ds they always say that when they cant be arsed APATHETIC TIRED s***s IT STANDS FOR i wouldnt let them near my car.

dan's cast offs.
think it's just the angle of the pic? also can't picture it at the mo but isn't there a bit of plastic trunking running up there? wiring for the rear lambda and abs run in it?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
ATS ? That the place like KwikFart ? Yeah .. I'd avoid TBH.

No idea where you are exactly, but a quick google for 4-wheel alignment in South Wales brings up a fair amount of options and also forum threads (not on CS) .. find someone decent and local that does it properly ..

Focus RS + S3
Its been playing on my mind so im currently under the car lol

Where it looks like its touching the chassis is as @bloke said, its touching a bit of loom and looks pretty straight to me?

5F8650B0-8A80-4319-B9D1-E90408056202.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I see no problem there. My outer arb bracket snapped and it effected tracking but everything is intact on yours. Inner bushes look a little worn but they are a PITA to replace so only do them if they're giving you grief.

Focus RS + S3
Thanks guys,
I really cant see anything wrong apart from as stated bushed are a little worn.

He was looking for a quick job on the tracking until he got coilovers etc and set it up properly