ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Garage having trouble getting steering wheel straight?

Recaro Black Gold 182
I had my alignment sorted the other day as it was out and since then my steering wheel hasn't been straight.

They had another five attempts today but everytime i got it off the ramps and took it down the road it was out either left or right?

Nothing is bent so i'm not sure why this is turning into something so hard to do.

Anyone had issues with this before and possible resolutions or pointers??

Black R27, 205gti
I have the same problem, had it back twice and still can't get it like it was before having allignment done.

It's only slightly off to the left, so i have got used to it, but still like it sorting though.

www.renparts.co.uk
have they been locking the steering wheel in the 12 0clock position? if they have there is some play in the rack somewhere.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Has your steering wheekl ever been off?

Is it possible it was never put back on Straight?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Mine is ever so slightly out, to the right.

Annoying but read about it loads of times so guess I'll have to live with it. Just hope when I sell it people don't think it's had a spank!

RB 182 Cup
mines out too, i dunno where to take it because i dont really fancy going back 5 times for them to keep getting it wrong. All it is getting the tracking done but getting them to straighten the steering wheel before they do it

Recaro Black Gold 182
I'll be going back today looks like I might have to settle for it being slightly off unless by some stroke of luck they manage to get it spot on!

LY 182
swap the wheels back to front i've had the same a few times --- dont ask me to explain but trust me

LY 182
play in steering arms is reasonably fairly common, get them to check that
wouldnt make the steering offcenter though unless it had like 10mm play which is impossible you'd only ever get vaugeness

Recaro Black Gold 182
swap the wheels back to front i've had the same a few times --- dont ask me to explain but trust me

Tried with no luck. I've given up now, i will just have to deal with it for the meanwhile and find someone who knows what they are doing.

Cheers all.