ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Garage dilemma!!

Renaultsport Clio182
So 182 is going in for belt changes and dephaser.

was quoted £200 off swr I Stirling who seem to have a good rep with folks on here but a guy a work withs bro in-law owns a garage kind of local (used to work with cdr building stupidly fast cars for them) and has offered to do it for £100.

​Never heard of the garage or that so... Stuck! Help?

Renaultsport Clio182
Yeah crd stupid phone. I know he's do e co versions before, putting 172's into clio vans n stuff

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yup. I'd still go for swr. Warranty and swapping an engine and changing a belt are very different things. Unless he has the right tools it will be wrong. Not a job worth scrimping on.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
You're hellbent in doing it as cheap as possible.. Do whatever makes you happy! Don't come crying to us when your engine's f*cked.

Renaultsport Clio182
Nah not hellbent. Just used to doing all my own work, Hondas unbelievably easy to work on! Was just curious as to whether anyone rated that guy. Names Steven or stevie or sumat. £100 was mates rates eh. Prob be swr, going Stirling this morn anyhoo

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Me and Dave do everything else ourselves as well. But when we get the locking tools it'll probably just be for engines that are out and or have the cup alt setup.

Renaultsport Clio182
Barely get driving it this month! Be at garage all this week, be putting cat bak on n doing rear exhaust mount upgrade next weekend, then body shop next weekend to get front end re-sprayed!