ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gaming laptop?

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
is there such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop?
at the moment it was a choice of gaming laptop or tv and ps4.

its been years since i done some online gaming and looking to get back into it.

noticed all the gaming laptops seem 600 + where a reasonable pc setup is around 500ish depending on spec.

any advice?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
A laptop is a compromise of a PC and I would never recommend a gaming laptop to anyone.

If it's just for gaming and your alternative is a very un-portable TV and PS4 then why won't a desktop do the job?

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
A laptop is a compromise of a PC and I would never recommend a gaming laptop to anyone.

If it's just for gaming and your alternative is a very un-portable TV and PS4 then why won't a desktop do the job?
Its more to do with staying at my girlfriends parents and not having that great deal of room untill we buy our own place.

Might be worth just buying the ps4 actually.
Im aware the heat a gaming laptop can give out.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
You wouldn't have the laptop on your lap (hopefully!)

To be honest, if it's really so it can be portable then they can work. It depends on the games you play. My main one is a moba called HoN. It's PC only so I'd be SOL with a PS4. The game is very basic and would run on a £600 laptop I'd have thought.

However you'd want a separate mouse and keyboard for sure.

What games are you into? If there's nothing specifically on PC then I'd recommend a console.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Its more stuff like battlefiend, call of duty & counterstrike etc. yes i wouldnt mind a seprate keyboard and mouse. its more the fact i can put it all away and take it out when needed. the more i think about it .. console would be best.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'd love an excuse to build a LAN rig.

Mini ITX, i7 with decent onboard audio, 1080, tiny case with a handle and a couple of SSDs.