ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Galaxy S9

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The iphone gets it's yearly trolling, so it's only fair Samsung's latest offering is discussed.

To be fair it's a f**king lazy effort, compared to the S8;

Screen: same
Storage: same
Ram: same
CPU: slightly faster

It does retain a headphone jack and the Micro SD capacity has been increased to 400GB.
The main selling point is a better camera and some useless software shite to go along with it, seriously what sort of complete tosser wants to make a custom Emoji???

Samsung's decided two hot trends - augmented realty reality and Emoji - deserve to be mashed together in a new feature called "AR Emojis".

To create this wonder, take a selfie and then let the S9 software convert it into a more youthful cartoon version of yourself that you can edit further. The emoji is not static, but will mimic your movements so you can record videos and save them as an animated GIF

tim_anderson_samsung_ar_emoji.jpg

The S9's priced at £739 in the UK. The S9+ will be £869.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Seems a bit s**t. Maybe they are waiting for their tenth iteration to bring out something special.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
People said that about the iphone though, the 'special thing' turned out to be the price tag :poo:

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
True. price was a big factor, but at least the x was something different and a bit special from the previous line up at the time.

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
Reckon the S8 will drop much in price?
I'm waiting for it to be well under the £500 mark, then may upgrade it, as currently using the S6.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
What happened to the folding phone the youtubers have been prommissing us?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The folding phone isn't far away.

The list the op gave at the start is pish. It's much more than that. Who doesn't buy the plus anyway. Big camera big specs. Big ram. Improved audio. Lots of differences.

If you were expecting revolution you haven't followed phones for the last decade!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Improved audio on a phone?? Give me a break, they've shoved some version of Dolby Atmos on it and claimed to have re-invented the wheel.

Still sound f**king s**t.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
my only comment is im loving the frame rate at which sony and samsung are able to film at.

the new sony xz2s will be able to do 960fps at 1080p, granted only for 0.2 seconds. but maybe in the future they will start to be able to increase this time

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
So... I've just bought the S9+. First impressions are good and it seems like a decent phone (the build quality is not a patch on my old HTC M9 though).

BUT... how the heck do you get predictive text working?!?!? Or auto-punctuation? Or autocorrect? Those features are enabled but just will not work. I've tried various methods found online but, so far, none have worked. Anyone else got this issue and managed to resolve it?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I noticed with my S8 that I had to have the suggested text strip to get auto correct to work. Have you turned that off? Coming from IPhone I turned it off as I never used to use that but realised auto correct wasn't working without it on. I use gboard btw couldn't get on with SwiftKey.

Screenshot_20180320-052825.png